Monday, May 11, 2009

Channel Television Interview

Tomorrow morning (12th May), Channel Television are filming both an interview and location shots from Rachel's Shoe. I will also be reading a passage from Rachel's Shoe, so deciding which one to read is a little tricky!

I don't know for sure what the edited version will contain or when it will go out, it might be tomorrow, it might be later but I believe I may be able to get a copy to post here. I'll certainly try!

This weekend we celebrated Liberation Day in Guernsey some 64 years after the Nazi's were finally evicted from our islands. It's a big deal here with flags and bunting everywhere and a carnival atmosphere on the piers in 'town'.

For me the most evocative experience of the day each year is the 9:00am air raid siren that can be heard across the island. The final 'all clear' never fails to bring a lump to my throat.


Pete

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do wish that I could receive your interview on TV. I am only able to receive BBC radio. Please advise me what passage you chose to read.
Rachel's Shoe was a wonderful read and it brought me very close to an area I hope one day to visit.